1. The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 10743 entitled An Act Declaring the Fifth Day of October of Every Year as the National Teachers’ Day otherwise known as the National Teachers’ Day.
2. This IRR shall provide the concerned national government agencies, local government units, other public institutions, nongovernment organizations and private institutions with adequate guidelines in celebrating the National Teachers’ Day.
3. This IRR shall take’ effect 15 days after its publication in the Official Gazette or in a newspaper of general circulation. For this purpose, the Public Affairs Service Publications Division (PAS PD) is directed to facilitate such publication and immediately register this IRR with the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR) at the University of the Philippines, Quezon City.
4. All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations and provisions which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
5. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.