The field is reminded to ensure compliance with DepEd Order No. 55, s. 2013 entitled Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act No. 10627 Otherwise Known as The Anti-Bullying Act of 2013. In this regard, the Secretary of Education, Dr. Leonor Magtolis Briones, has issued DepEd Memorandum No. 5, s. 2017 dated January 06, 2017 entitled, “Reiteration of the Department of Education Anti-Bullying Policy”, a copy of which is hereto attached for your reference.
In relation to the said memorandum, all private and public kindergarten, elementary, and secondary schools are hereby required to submit an updated list of persons composing the Child Protection Committee which also serves as the Anti-Bullying Committee of the school. The Committee, as provided in DepEd Order No. 40, s. 2012, shall be composed of the following:
1. School Head/Administrator – Chairperson
2. Guidance Counselor/Teacher – Vice Chairperson
3. Representative of the Teachers as designated by the Faculty Club
4. Representative of the Parents as designated by the Parents-Teachers Association
5. Representative of students, except in kindergarten, as designated by the Supreme Student Council; and
6. Representative from the Community as designated by the Punong Barangay, preferably a member of the Barangay Council for the Protection of Children (CBCP). For private schools, a representative from the Community provided in the preceding number shall be optional.
The updated list must be submitted on or before January 31, 2017 at the Legal Unit of the City Schools Division Office.
For your information and strict compliance.